If you’re already using Business Central, keyboard shortcuts are a useful way to speed up everyday tasks. You can be more productive by accessing frequently used functions with your keyboard instead of your mouse or finger. You no longer need to search endlessly in the action bar. We are happy to show you the most important shortcuts.
Most used keyboard shortcuts
Although several shortcuts within Business Central are the same as in other Microsoft products, it is a nice list to memorize at once. Depending on your job, some shortcuts will be relevant to you, and by working with these shortcuts for a long time, you will be able to use them at some point without thinking. This way you can carry out your work faster and more efficiently. We have compiled a list of the most used shortcuts in our industry for you:
- Ctrl+Alt+F1: Inspect page and data, opens and closes the page record window. The page record window shows information about the page, such as the source table, fields, filters, extensions, and more;
- F3: Search;
- Shift+F3: Filterdeelvenster aan/uit;
- Ctrl+Shift+F3: Toggle filter pane (totals);
- Alt+F3: Filter to this value;
- Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F3: Reset all filters;
- Shift+Alt+F3: Filter to this field;
- F5: Refresh data (fast), probably a well-known function to you, but therefore not less useful;
- Alt+F6: Collapse Current FastTab;
- Alt+F7: Sort by current column, sorts the selected column in ascending or descending order. Unfortunately, it is not possible to do this in a tile view;
- F8: Copy from cell above;
- Alt+N: New;
- Alt+Q: Open TellMe.
Download the overview
Would you like to know which other keyboard shortcuts are available in Business Central? We have made a handy overview with all immediately usable shortcuts. View the image below or download the overview here in PDF format.